Directions - Option 1
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add sugar and water and dissolve sugar into the water until no granules remain.
- Add the vanilla bean paste and chopped mint to the mixture, stir, let sit over heat for 3-4 minutes then remove from heat.
- Cool completely before storing.
- Either keep the mint leaves in the syrup to give it a stronger mint flavor or strain out the mint leaves before adding to jars.
- Keep in refrigerator for up to three weeks.
Directions - Option 2
- Add the water, sugar, mint leaves and vanilla beans (and empty pod) to a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Whisk until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Let it bubble for a minute or so, then reduce the heat and let it cool completely.
- Cool then refrigerate.
- In the morning (or before using), strain out the mint leaves and vanilla pod - or simply leave them in to continue flavoring the syrup.
- Keep sealed in the fridge for a week or so.