Cool Vanilla Coffee Drinks for a Smooth Summer
Vanilla just doesn't get the same attention that chocolate does, but in this week's post we share four different ways you can enjoy vanilla and coffee for a smooth and cool summer day. We are also highlighting Fair Trade Certified options for both vanilla beans and coffee so not only will your tummy be happy, your heart will be happy too.
Thousands of small scale farmers grow spice and herb crops, yet industry consolidation has allowed two multi-national corporations to dominate the market. With Fair Trade standards for herb and spice production, small farmers receive a price that allows them to compete in the market, as well as a premium to invest in social and economic projects for their communities.
See which vanilla bean brands are Fair Trade certified on FairTradeUSA.org.
Iced Vanilla Latte
Recipe from Against All Grains.
Skinny Vanilla Iced Coffee
- 1/2 - 1 cup ice or coffee ice cubes
- 1/2 cup coffee, cold or cold brew coffee
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of stevia (optional)
Recipe from IFoodReal.com
Vanilla Bean Iced Coffee
- For the Vanilla Bean Syrup: In a small saucepan, add the water, sugar, extract and split vanilla bean. When adding the bean, split the bean lengthwise with a sharp knife, and scrape out the caviar adding it to the pan.
- Bring the ingredients to a low boil over medium low heat. Simmer for about 5 minutes to reduce the liquid slightly. Let cool completely. Transfer the ingredients to a jar or resealable container. Can be used for up to two weeks if refrigerated.
- For the Iced Coffee: In a tall glass, add 6-8 coffee ice cubes. Pour in the vanilla syrup, cold brew coffee, and top with half and half (or other milk preference.) Enjoy right away.
Recipe from DelightfulMade.com
Chocolate Vanilla Coffee Smoothie
- 1 Cup Coffee, Cold or Cold Brew
- 3 TBSP Avocado
- 1 Small Banana
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cacao Powder
- 1/4 Cup Ice
Recipe from PrimalSmoothies.com
Our Recommended Fair Trade Certified Coffees
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.