Why is it important to drink Organic Coffee?
Weaver’s Coffee & Tea has always been my first choice for purchasing Organic Coffee because of the exquisite flavor profile and the fact that their organic coffees are known for being top quality Arabica coffee beans. Drinking organic coffee should be a major concern for a health conscious individual. The importance of organic food is well known, however, it is unfortunate that with the exceptionally large number of coffee consumers, the benefits of organic coffee are still not known to the majority of coffee drinkers.
So why is organic coffee important?
In order to appreciate the importance of organic coffee, we first need to understand what is so wrong with cheaper coffee:
- Regular coffee is a crop, which is heavily treated with chemicals.
- Large areas of land are cleared in order to produce large amounts of coffee crops exposing them to sunlight all day long. This harms the coffee trees immune system making them more vulnerable to insects and pests. Insecticides and pesticides are used to treat the crops but, unfortunately, these chemicals end up in the coffee consumed. This also disturbs the ecosystem.
- Not only do these toxic chemicals harm coffee, they also harm everything they come into contact with such as water, farmers, soil and other crops. Soil washes away, and with it go natural nutrients, eventually eroding and degrading the soil so much that growth is almost impossible. The rainwater carries away not just the soil, but all of the chemicals it has been treated with, and both end up in local water supplies.
- Through production, large areas of rainforests are being wiped down gradually. This issue contributes greatly to global warming.
Fortunately, the downfalls of conventional coffee don’t mean that you have to give up drinking coffee altogether. Since coffee is known for having exclusive and superior benefits, it would be outrageous to give it up completely. But you can take those benefits to the next level by drinking organic coffee.
How is organic coffee unique?
- Since harsh chemicals are not used in the process of growing organic coffee, in contrast with regular coffee, none of the things that come into contact with the coffee crops are harmed by the chemical residue.
- Organic coffee beans are richer in healthful antioxidants, and many people can even taste the difference.
- As mentioned above, constant, direct sunlight harms the crops’ immune system – most organic coffee is shade-grown. Not only is this process healthier for the crops and it also renders a much more aromatic flavor.
- Often farmers who produce certified organic coffee are fair trade compliant which guarantees a higher pay rate to employees.
- Finally, organic coffee helps you sleep at night. Maybe not literally, but supporting the environment by making better choices on a daily basis is our chance to contribute to a healthier earth.
There are many companies that provide great coffee products but through experience I have found that only a handful of companies, offer an exquisite selection of the best organic coffee on the market. If you love coffee, and want to taste our delicious espresso beans contact us at (800)-328-1178 or visit our website: https://weaverscoffee.com to buy coffee online.