Decaf Astral Blend Coffee: Artisan Coffee For A Cause
SKU : DL16WB
Categories: Artisan Coffee for a Cause, Buy Coffee, Buy Coffee A to Z, Buy Decaf Coffee, Buy Fair Trade Certified Coffee
Decaf Astral Blend Coffee
Featuring Fair Trade Certified Coffee, this full-bodied coffee blend is sweet with an earthy finish. Perfect for those who demand a full-flavored best decaf coffee. By purchasing this product, you are supporting breast cancer research, funding for local hospitals and community organizations that provide breast health education, breast cancer screening, and treatment. This special coffee also supports a better life for farming families through fair prices, community development, and environmental stewardship. Percentage of the sales donated to Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation.
How is decaf coffee made?
There are three main methods used to make decaf coffee:
- The Swiss Water Process: This process uses water to extract the caffeine from green coffee beans. The water is then passed through a carbon filter that traps the caffeine. The caffeine-free water is then used to rinse the beans, removing most of the caffeine.
- The Mountain Water Process: This process is similar to the Swiss Water Process, but it uses water from mountain springs to extract the caffeine.
- The Ethyl Acetate Process: This process uses a solvent called ethyl acetate to extract the caffeine from green coffee beans. The caffeine-free beans are then roasted and sold as decaf coffee.
How much caffeine is in decaf coffee?
Decaf coffee typically contains about 97% less caffeine than regular coffee. However, some decaf coffees may contain up to 12 mg of caffeine per cup.
Which decaf coffee method is best?
The best decaf coffee method is the one that produces the best-tasting coffee. Some people prefer the Swiss Water Process because it produces a coffee that is very similar to regular coffee in flavor. Others prefer the Mountain Water Process because it is a more environmentally friendly process. The Ethyl Acetate Process is the most common method, but it can produce a coffee that has a slightly bitter taste.
Is decaf coffee safe?
Yes, decaf coffee is safe to drink. The caffeine is removed from the beans using a variety of methods that do not leave any harmful residues.
What are the benefits of drinking decaf coffee?
Decaf coffee has many of the same benefits as regular coffee, including:
- It can help you wake up in the morning.
- It can improve your mood.
- It can help you focus.
- It can reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- It can reduce your risk of Parkinson's disease.
- It can reduce your risk of Alzheimer's disease.
Is there a downside to drinking decaf coffee?
Decaf coffee does not contain as much caffeine as regular coffee, so it may not be as effective at helping you wake up in the morning or improve your focus. However, decaf coffee is still a healthy choice and can be enjoyed by people who are sensitive to caffeine or who want to reduce their caffeine intake.The Fair Trade Certified Coffees
We source Fair Trade Certified Coffee. We source beautiful Arabica Fair Trade coffee beans from along the equatorial belt and in sourcing these Fair Trade Certified coffee beans we find a way to give back.