If you like pumpkin this blog is filled with wonderful recipes that will become your favorite recipes. We spend our childhood cutting up pumpkin every Halloween, however, there are plenty of vitamins in pumpkin and it is an easy addition to your diet. "It offers a long list of nutrients that protect and support the heart, such as vitamins A, B1, B6, and C, copper, fiber, folate, and manganese. Pumpkin provides calcium, potassium, and magnesium, which can help keep your heartbeat regular and your blood pressure low."
Pumpkin Coffee Smoothie Recipe
- 1 1-3 cup brewed coffee, chilled
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1¼ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 8 tsp agave nectar or honey (or to taste)
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 9 ice cubes
- Place all of the ingredients in a heavy-duty blender.
- Blend until smooth. Serve.
Serving size: 8 ounces | Calories: 136.7 cal | Fat: 0.9g | Saturated fat: 0.2g | Carbohydrates: 27.0g |Sugar: 18.0g | Sodium: 29.8mg | Fiber: 3.7g | Protein: 7.7g | Cholesterol: 2.5mg
Author: Dara Michalski | Cookin' Canuck Serves: 4
Homemade Pumpkin Coffee Creamer
Made with real pumpkin puree, not pumpkin flavoring. How to make pumpkin lattes at home with this easy to add creamer with ingredients you can trust.
- 1 and 1/2 cups (360ml) heavy cream, half-and-half, or whole milk or your favorite dairy free milk alternative
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) pure maple syrup
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice2
- 1 - 2 cinnamon sticks
- In small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together heavy cream, pumpkin, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice. Add cinnamon sticks and increase heat to medium-high. Bring to boil, whisking occasionally, for 1 minute, then remove from heat and let creamer cool in pan 5 minutes before using in your coffee. Add sugar to your coffee if you take it that way. You can also add whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon too.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Shake well before using.
- For a dairy-free version, try almond, coconut, cashew, oat or soy milk.
- I like a lot of spice, so I add close to 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Taste and add however much you like. You can make your own 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice by blending a pinch each of ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, and ground allspice.
yield: 1 AND 3/4 CUPS prep time: 15 MINUTES
Easy Pumpkin Recipes You'll Love
Cinnamon-Sugar Toasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe