It is hot outside, you need breakfast and coffee but are short on time do not want to eat......what do you do?
Read on and pick one of the Mocha Banana Smoothie options which you can whip up in few minutes. If you really want to boost the coffee flavor, use our Weaver's Coffee and coffee ice cubes!
This banana mocha smoothie recipe is quick and easy. By using the superfood raw cacao, you add mood improving anandamine and phenethylamin, serotonin balancing, and flavinols for heart health. The optional cardamom not only rounds out the flavor, but also counteracts digestive problems, lowers blood pressure, boosts mood, detoxifies along with many other benefits.
- 1 cup milk (or milk alternative)
- 1-2 shots espresso, or ? cup of very strong black coffee
- 1 large frozen banana
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp cardamom (optional)
Banana Mocha Smoothie Recipe from Sweet Potato Soul
Do you love almond milk and almond butter? This a great way to add some protein power to your smoothie. Almonds pack major health benefits for cardiovascular health and diabetes prevention.
- 1 banana
- ½ coffee, cooled (great way to use up leftovers)
- ½ unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Handful of ice cubes
Banana Mocha Smoothie Recipe from Hello Glow
Like a Dessert, But Healthy
If you are health conscious, but you still want everything to taste like you’re eating pure fat, this banana mocha smoothie recipe covers all the bases. It uses a milk alternative, while adding in the coconut oil as a healthy fat, and cherries, a delicious antioxidant power player. The optional maca is great for hormone balancing while the vegan protein turns this smoothie into a meal.
- 1/2 cup coffee, chilled
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 fresh or frozen medium banana
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pitted cherries
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- A dash of Celtic sea salt
- A little honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten (optional)
Some optional add-ins
- 1/2 tablespoon maca
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 serving chocolate or vanilla protein powder
Banana Mocha Smoothie Recipe from Healthy Smoothie HQ
Love My Greens
If you love greens with everything, then with this banana mocha smoothie recipe you can have your greens with your Weaver's coffee too!
- 1 cup coffee, room temperature
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 small handful spinach
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 large Medjool dates, pitted (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 10 large ice cubes
Banana Mocha Smoothie Recipe from Oh She Glows
Mocha Nice Cream
Okay, this is not a smoothie, it is a dessert, but it is so simple we had to share. Add a dollop of whip cream and some chocolate chips on top for an easy dessert to serve to your guests.
- 4 cups (470 g) chopped bananas, frozen*
- 1 tsp (2.5 g) instant espresso or coffee powder
- 2 Tbsp (15 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (50 g) chocolate chips (or vegan substitute)
Banana Mocha Smoothie from Live Eat Learn
Let us know in comments below if you have your own chocolate smoothie recipe or which one of these you love.