YuanYang Tea (Hong Kong Style Tea Brewed with Coffee)
- 1/4 cup black tea leaves to make 4 1/2 cups black tea
- 4 1/2 cups brewed coffee
- 5-8 tablespoons sugar (depends on your preference for sweetness)
- 3/4 cup half and half
- Brew your black tea in 4 1/2 c of water.
- While the tea is steeping, brew your coffee with your preferred method (hot or cold). Make sure both the tea and coffee are fairly strong!
- When the coffee and tea are ready, combine them in a large bowl or carafe.
- Stir in the sugar then the half and half.
- This makes 8-10 cups. You can reserve the rest to serve chilled or ice.
Recipe from: The Woks of Life
Homemade Dirty Chai Latte (Chai Tea and Coffee)
- 1 tea bag of chai tea or 1-2 tbsp loose chai
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of milk (organic)
- 1/2 cup of strong coffeeor 2 shots espresso (if you’re fancy and have an espresso maker)
- 2-3 tsp honey
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- A dash of cinnamon
- Prepare coffee or espresso.
- Prepare chai by bringing water to boil, then pouring it over the tea bag or loose leaf tea in a tea container. Let steep for 5-10 minutes. Remove tea bag/tea container from tea.
- Add honey and a drop of vanilla to chai tea, stir in well
- Prepare milk by either heating it up in a pot on the stove, or if you have a steaming wand/espresso maker, you can steam the milk this way.
- Add milk to chai.
- Finally, add coffee or espresso to the chai to make your dirty chai latte! Add a dash of cinnamon to the top if you’re feeling fancy. :)
Recipe from: This Original Organic Life