Vanilla is an amazing flavor and usually considered a second to chocolate. However, we share 4 vanilla coffee drink recipes you can enjoy with coffee. We are also highlighting Fair Trade Certified options for both vanilla beans and coffee beans.
Thousands of small scale farmers grow spice and herb crops, yet industry consolidation has allowed two multinational corporations to dominate the market. With Fair Trade Certified standards for herb and spice production, small farmers receive a fair price that allows them to compete in the spice and herb market, as well as a premium to invest in social and economic projects for their communities.
See which vanilla bean brands are Fair Trade Certified on FairTradeUSA.org.
Iced Vanilla Latte
Photo: Tyler Nix
- ½ cup Cold Brew Concentrate
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Coconut Milk
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
Recipe from Against All Grains.
Skinny Vanilla Iced Coffee
- 1/2 - 1 cup ice or coffee ice cubes
- 1/2 cup coffee, cold or cold brew coffee
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of stevia (optional)
Recipe from IFoodReal.com
Vanilla Bean Iced CoffeeIngredients
- ½ c. cold brew coffee (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 Tbsp. (1 oz.) vanilla bean syrup
- ¼ c. half and half
- coffee ice cubes
- Vanilla Bean Syrup:
- 1 c. water
- 1¼ c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 whole vanilla bean, split
- For the Vanilla Bean Syrup: In a small saucepan, add the water, sugar, extract and split vanilla bean. When adding the bean, split the bean lengthwise with a sharp knife, and scrape out the caviar adding it to the pan.
- Bring the ingredients to a low boil over medium low heat. Simmer for about 5 minutes to reduce the liquid slightly. Let cool completely. Transfer the ingredients to a jar or resealable container. Can be used for up to two weeks if refrigerated.
- For the Iced Coffee: In a tall glass, add 6-8 coffee ice cubes. Pour in the vanilla syrup, cold brew coffee, and top with half and half (or other milk preference.) Enjoy right away.
Recipe from DelightfulMade.com
Chocolate Vanilla Coffee Smoothie
- 1 Cup Coffee, Cold or Cold Brew
- 3 TBSP Avocado
- 1 Small Banana
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cacao Powder
- 1/4 Cup Ice
Blend together and enjoy!